Keeping in Touch with Ethan & Olivia

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Catching Up

It has been so long since I blogged, I can't remember if I put any pictures up of Steve and Wendy's visit - I think I did but in case I didn't here is one from their visit.

Troy is a big fan of the splash pad at the park by our house. He also likes pushing his friend Olivia's stroller at the splash pad!
I can't believe how big my little guy is getting. He started pre-school last week. Every time I leave he cries and says "Mama there" and points to me because he doesn't want me to leave. The teachers assure me that he settles quickly and has a great time when he is there.




Olivia's two favourite summer activities are swimming and the swing. She is taking swimming lessons and is doing really well. She loves swimming under the water.
Last week, we had a death in the family - Bluey, Ethan's beta fish. Bluey lived with us for over a year. While Paola was on vacation, Scott cleaned out the bowl and shortly thereafter we found Bluey floating sideways in the middle of the bowl. Ethan wasn't too upset initially but has often talked about it since. Here is Ethan and Scott sending Bluey back to the sea.
Ethan and I went to Canada's Wonderland for the day a couple of weeks ago. He had a blast. He was slightly disappointed that he could not go on all the big roller coasters, he is not quite 48 ". I am trying to convince him to eat healthy food so that he can grow and go on the big rides but it hasn't worked too well so far.
Some pictures of some of the kids at my high school friends summer bbq.

Some pictures from Father's Day..


Troy loves giving everyone hugs. After school when Ethan and Aidan would get off the school bus, he would give both of them a hug. When Ethan is not tormenting Troy, he is asking him for a hug! Here they are at Ethan's end of the year school party.
This is Ethan and his afternoon teacher, Miss Cathy. Ethan loves Miss Cathy!! At his graduation, all of the kids read books to the class - it was great to see.
Here is Olivia. She continues to be her sweet self. Scott and I went away to a friend's cottage this weekend and Olivia stayed with Carolyn, Carly and Harry. She was so good that they wanted to keep her. Carolyn says Olivia is more her speed than the other two!! The fact that she likes to sleep in works too!

I can't believe the summer is almost half over! Hopefully the weather will improve soon. It has been very busy so far. I am hoping August will be a little quieter so we can get some stuff done around the house! I will also try to update the blog more regularly so the Victoria crowd can see how the kids are doing!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home